Monday, November 17, 2008

I Love Sewing and Crafts


I really like to sew and do all kinds of different crafts. I enjoy it when something turns out really great. It's nice when friends and family like what I do, also. It's even nice when strangers like it, too.

I thought I would start doing crafts for arts and crafts shows and festivals and try to sell some of my wares. It's very flattering when someone buys something from you that you have put time and effort into to make a quality product. I've been to three craft shows since I decided to do this and have two more coming up before the end of the year. I was sure hoping this would be a way for me to make some money and help the family finances. As it turns out, I sell just enough to cover expenses for the day. I knew I wouldn't be able to make a great living doing this but was hoping for something better than what it is. I'm not giving up just yet, though. I still enjoy making things and will continue to do so as long as my body will let me. Who knows, maybe one day I will find that perfect niche.

The picture has some of the things that I have made. I'm planning on adding more stuff to my inventory. I've already made some keychain wristlets. If you see anything in the picture that you like, just let me know. I can make another one. Even if I don't sell much to the general public, I will still like to make things for my family. My mind is always thinking about what I want to do next. I have so many ideas some days that I can't remember them all unless I write them down. Ta Ta for now...Happy Crafting!!!

2 comments:

Diana said...

I share the same sentiments.. Hoping to start sellin some of my sewn crafts soon... Great day too!1

Anonymous said...

im a artist but I teach paining,cant be gifted in everything. but im trying to open a store, for the frist time. and I been trying to find artist and crafters, will with names, on the item, to sell there items in the store, plus i sell off ebay. I could buy are can consign. Im from gadsden al. email is mikeasonja@att.net.