Friday, November 21, 2008

Christmas Gifts

I'm trying to decide what I want to do for my grandsons for Christmas. They really don't need anything, especially clothes and toys, but what else do you give to little boys. I think I will make them something from their Granny for Christmas. Even if it is clothes, no one else will have anything like it.

I know homemade gifts are appreciated from past experience, unless they lied to me about it. My skills have gotten better and the ideas are better, too. Back in the day some of the crafts that people learned to do were pretty tacky. These days I'm focusing more on sewing and quilting. These seem to be more appreciated. If they don't like it, they can give it to someone else. Just don't tell me.

Most of my family members don't sew and I don't think very many of them even have a hobby. So sad. It sure is nice to be able to do something like this when you don't want to watch TV or if it's cold or raining outside. I guess the computer and the internet can be considered a hobby now. I know there are several that spend time on the internet...I do. I just don't want to do it all day for lack of nothing else to do.

No comments: